Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Our first Mountain Adventure of this trip

Today Grammylyn and I went into the mountains for a lecture on spruce-fir moss spider. The lecture was supposed to be 2 hours long and we drove about 2 hours to get there, so we were very dissappointed when the ranger spoke for 20 minutes and took questions for 10. Then on our way back we were going to stop somewhere for a coke to drink, Gattlynburg (I don't think that is spelled right) was the closest stop. We ended up driving around Gattlynburg for about an hour just to find a place to park. We finnaly found an abandoned hotel parking lot that we used and walked for what felt like 20 min. to an ice cream parlor for a coke. We didn't buy any ice cream although it was really hot outside. After all of this we ate dinner at Tugboats, a local pizzeria. Every Wednesday at Tugboats is Karaoke, and Grandpajohn got up twice and sang on the mic. I bet that the only reason was that the restaraunt was mostly empty besides us and the about 5 other people in the next room. The day was interesting, I can't think of anyother way to describe it. But it had some fun spots and we had a great time.

-Sheela S.

No comments: